Harp 2.0 Program in Florida
What is HARP?
Are you struggling to afford your home? Are you finding it harder to make your payments, but unable to get refinancing because your home’s value has declined? HARP 2.0 is a refinancing program designed to help responsible homeowners that are underwater and have made their mortgage payments in a timely fashion. If you’re struggling to stay in your Florida home, help is available from NSH Mortgage.
How Do I Know If I’m Qualified for HARP?
In order to be eligible for the HARP refinance program :
- Your loan must have support from either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.
- Your current mortgage must have a securitization date prior to June 1, 2009
If you meet these two criteria, you may be HARP-eligible. See how you can get started here. If your mortgage is an FHA, USDA or a jumbo mortgage, you are not HARP-eligible.
Why Refinance with HARP 2.0?
At NSH Mortgage, we understand that high unemployment rates coupled with falling home prices have put a strain on many families’ finances. Fortunately, the “Home Affordable Refinance Program” also known as (HARP 2.0) is a Government initiative designed to help responsible homeowners like you get new, more affordable mortgages – even if your home isn’t worth what it once was.
Some benefits of HARP 2.0:
[list style=”checkbox-checked” color=”accent1″]
- Unlimited Loan to Value (The mortgage loan can far exceed the value of the home)!
- All occupancy types are eligible, such as owner occupied, investment properties, second homes!
- The program doesn’t have a minimum FICO or credit score!
- Income documents and qualifications will be determined by the underwriting engine!
- You can roll in the closing costs and escrows which reduces any out of pocket expense!
- Skip a mortgage payment!
How To Get Started
The first step to getting started on the “Home Affordable Refinance Program” is clicking on the below links and inputting in your property information to determine if Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac owns your loan.
If your mortgage is owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on or before May 31, 2009 then you’ll go through an application, approval and closing process (similar to when you got your original mortgage). NSH Mortgage will work with you through every step, and will help determine if HARP meets your specific needs.
To start with, you will need gather your financial information—Make sure you have your basic financial and loan information on hand when you call NSH Mortgage. You’ll need:
- To begin with, your mortgage statements, including information on a second mortgage (if applicable)
- Secondly, your other monthly debt payments (e.g., car or student loans, credit card payments), and
- Finally, your income details (paystubs and income tax returns)
If you would like to learn more about the HARP 2 Program and see how much money you can save, call us today to speak to one of our experienced Florida mortgage professionals.